Phase Two of our Call for Presentations starts today. The Community Vote Round! Knowing what the Alt Summit Community really wants to learn about helps us build the most effective conference schedule. So here’s your chance to let us know what you want your conference to look like. Here’s how it works:
- Head over to the voting page.
- Create an account with Submittable to vote (this is just to make sure that real people are voting and not some bots).
- Search by presenter or pitch name. Or browse away to find your favorites.
- You can vote for 10 submissions per day, but cannot vote for a submission twice.
- Voting ends Wednesday, September 25 at noon PST.
And don’t worry — vote counts are private. So if a pitch gets a small number or large number of votes, that won’t be public knowledge (votes counts are only available to the Alt Summit team). If you’re wondering, votes will count for 50% of the pitch selection process.
If you submitted a pitch, let your fan club know! You can share the direct link of your pitch and rack up the votes. Spread the news on your social channels or break out the poster board and make some campaign posters.
UPDATE: The Call for Presenters is now closed. Calling all speakers, artists, performers, crafters, designers, teachers, and film makers! It’s time to submit your ideas for Alt Summit 2020! You have until
Sunday, September 15th at 11:59 pm PT to submit.
You’ll need the following information to apply:
- Your bio (100 word max), and your headshot (500×500 px or larger). Your bio and headshot will be seen by voters, and if your pitch is accepted, the bio and photo will be on the Alt Summit website Speaker Page, and on the Alt Summit App.
- Your presentation title (18 word max). Fun fact: many people choose what they are most interested in based on the title alone. So make this one count! (And shorter is often stronger.) You can find title examples on the previous event schedule.
- A concise pitch description (50 word max). You’ve got 50 words to convince attendees to check out your presentation. What will they get out of it? What are the takeaways? If your pitch is accepted, this description will be listed on the Alt Summit 2020 Schedule.
- Optional: A longer pitch description (300 word max). Here’s your chance to share more about your presentation idea. Add details and explain what you want voters to know. If it’s a film project, share a synopsis. If it’s an art project, list materials you’ll use. You could talk about your qualifications, or personal philosophy – or whatever you like. This optional longer description will only be seen during the Community Voting Period. It will not be shown anywhere else.
- Optional: The names, bios, and headshots of any contributors. You are allowed to submit up to 3 contributors plus yourself. Please use the same size and length requirements for photos and bios listed above.
- Optional: Additional supporting materials. Possible examples include: a video link of prior speaking experience, a video link of your work, a video link of you describing the pitch on a quick phone video, an audio link to a podcast featuring you speaking about the topic, images of your portfolio, images of your work, images that help explain the project or topic.
Curious about what subjects are covered at Alt Summit?
MARKETING & BRAND BUILDING
Newsletters for Beginners
Growing An Instagram Following
Instagram Stories Trends & Tips
Instagram TV Trends & Tips
Growing a Facebook Following or Community
Managing a Facebook Group or Community
Marketing with Facebook Groups
Marketing with Facebook Ads
Driving Traffic with Pinterest
Using Pinterest Promoted Pins
Preparing Photos for Pinterest
Growing Your Pinterest Following
Collaborations With Complementary Brands
Marketing through Influencers & Bloggers
Marketing through Traditional Media Coverage
Marketing through Trade Media
Marketing using Local TV
Effective Website Design
Brand Building Tips & Techniques
Developing Your Brand Voice
Creating a Brand Style Sheet
Podcasting For Beginners
Podcasting Equipment & Setup
Podcasting Growth Strategies
Developing As An Online Writer
Writing For Other Sites
Coming Up With Authentic Sponsored Content
Creating Positive Communities Online
Using Your Platform For A Good Cause
Writing about Current Events on a Non-Political Site
Creating your website About Page
Moderating Conversations on Social Media and Blogs
Shooting Flat Lays
Photo Editing Processes
iPhone/Mobile Photo Tips & Techniques
Shooting Kids & Portraits
Shooting Self Portraits/Selfies
Learning Modeling Skills
Using Photo Editing Apps
Creating Facebook Live Content
Creating Instagram Stories
Creating Instagram TV
Capturing Great Video
Learning On Camera Skills
Building a YouTube Audience
Finding A Youtube Niche
Video Lighting Tips & Techniques
Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
Advanced Affiliate Marketing
Finding An Affiliate Niche
How to Pitch Sponsors
Creating a Media Kit
Working With An Ad Network
All About CPMs and Other Display Ad Terms
Earning with Book Projects
Launching or Running a Small Online Shop (like Etsy)
Launching or Running a Big Online Shop
Opening or Running a Brick & Mortar Shop
Email Courses & Video Courses
Earning With Hosted Online Classes
Earning With E-books
Collaborations With Existing Brands (creating a line or a product for someone else)
Consulting or Joining a Board of Directors
Writing/Creating for Other Sites or Brands
Selling Skills You Didn’t Know You Had
Accounting Tools & Skills
Managing Company Email Addresses
How to Hire or Build a Team
Getting & Keeping Business Paperwork in Order
Strategies for Managing Your Inbox
How To Pivot
Working Full-Time and Managing a Side-Gig
Leveling Up – How to get the skills to go to the next level
Finding Your Tribe
Starting a Mastermind Group
Getting Investment as a Woman Entrepreneur
Getting Grants as a Woman in Business
Developing Residual Income
Putting Your Business on Autopilot
Selling Your Business and Other Exit Strategies
Career Paths in Social Media
Being an Active Community Member
ART & INSPIRATION
Artist Murals or Photo Backdrops
Artist Stage Designs (for the speaker stages at Alt Summit venues)
Movie Screenings + Panels featuring woman led film projects
Concerts featuring Women-led Music Goups and Performers
Runway Shows Featuring Clothing Designs for Women
Work Life Balance
When To Quit Your Day Job
Top Wellness Practices/Trends
Marie Kondo or the Art of Organization
Dealing With Negativity Online
Safe Spaces And Healthy Spaces
“Not only did I learn more than I ever anticipated, I have never been in the company of such a dynamic group of women, all there to meet and collaborate.”
Jaclynn ShwekySet to Celebrate
Palm Springs, CA
Saguaro • The Ace • The Riviera