Good blog etiquette is essential to growing your site quickly. Here are three etiquette tips.
- Leaving comments is really about showing support. Bloggers work hard to put together content. Reward them.
- Don’t self promote in your comments. Use the “name/URL” box. If someone wants more, they’ll click on your site.
- Choose your battles wisely. Grace Bonney (Design Sponge) mentioned this in her panel last year regarding etiquette. I’ve always remembered it because it’s so true. Some things just aren’t worth the time and effort.
- Don’t air your dirty laundry. Deal with it privately instead.
- Don’t copy. Be inspired. Take an idea and make it your own.
- Give credit where credit is due. People won’t think you’re unoriginal, just honest.
- Put a disclaimer on your blog about how others should use (or not use) your stuff.