By guest contributor Tori Bowman.
Arrows are a great addition to blog graphics. Whether it’s a curated image featuring a few of your favorite fall trends, or a collection of images from your latest adventure, arrows can be your best friend when used correctly. Here are a few tips for how to use arrows in your graphics and how to create arrows of your own.
1. When using brushes in Photoshop, always make sure to create a new layer for each arrow. It will make your life so much easier!
2. Use arrows to highlight fun and important details. Point out your favorite donut at the bakery or your favorite detail in an outfit. Make it easier for readers to see the best parts of your photos and graphics.
3. Arrows help your readers put two and two together. Use them to connect a specific piece with its price, or to connect an image with a specific memory from your latest trip.
4. Arrows are also an easy way to add a little personality to your posts. With all those beautiful fonts littering your blog, it’s nice to throw in some hand drawn pieces once in a while. It’s a simple way to help your readers feel closer to you.
5. When drawing your own arrows, remember: less is more. Keep the swirls and lines simple, take the shortest route possible, and don’t stress out too much about the tip. It can be a little tricky, but just stick with the simplest and easiest look that feels best with your blog.
Do you use arrows in your blog graphics? Do you have any favorite brush sets? Please share!