Wanting to grow your business? One way to do that is through collaborations, specifically the right collaborations with bloggers. Before jumping into a collaboration, there are a few questions to ask yourself:
- First, are your brands aligned? If yes, is there a natural fit with an existing series or project the blogger promotes?
- Second, is the relationship mutually beneficial? What is in it for you? What is in it for the blogger?
- Third, how are you going to measure success? And, can both the blogger and you dedicate the time necessary to complete the project successfully?
Here are some previous posts to help you get started finding the right collaborators, grabbing their attention, and ensuring you have found the right match:
- Four criteria to consider when pursuing bloggers
- Four tips for approaching bloggers with a targeted “what is in it for me” proposition
- Four tips for collaborating with bloggers
- Four instances where you should say no to a collaboration
Next week we will tackle collaborations from the blogger’s perspective. Got any tips for how to successfully chose a business or fellow blogger with which to work? Or, alternatively any advice on how to avoid imperfect matches? Tag @AltSummit and we may feature them in a round up of best practices.