Shortly after registering for Alt Summit and thinking about business cards, attendees turn their attention to what they will wear. There are at least five outfits to consider: one for meeting sponsors over dinner; two for sitting in sessions and networking over lunches; and two for the parties. Depending on how you are arriving in Salt Lake City, your wardrobe selection may be constrained by whether or not you chose to check a bag (or bags) with your airline or fit everything inside one carry on bag.
Many attendees shop their existing wardrobe, while others use the event as a reason to make or purchase something new.
The most important advice to take when it comes to dressing for Alt Summit is this: Be yourself. Alt Summit is an opportunity to show your best self and the easiest way to do that is to simply be who you are. If you are comfortable, you will be able to focus on your goals — the reasons you decided to attend Alt.
- Stasia of Thrift Me Pretty plans outfits to achieve Inside-Out Congruency and post-Alt believes fashion has no place at Alt (style yes)
- Reachel of Cardigan Empire breaks down the signature styles of Alt attendees
- Breanne of Red Poppy Photo captures the variety of styles seen at Alt across each event
- Sam of Style of Sam shops her wardrobe and explains how you can mix separates for new looks
- Lisa of Zelma Rose shares her attire as a styled color story
- Sarah of Portraits to The People captures the accessories of Alt