By: Eden Hensley; Photo by Justin Hackworth for Alt Summit
A lot of lip service is paid to being original. But what does “being original” mean? And how does one stay original? Join us on Twitter Wednesday, December 3rd at 9AM PT/12PM ET as we dissect originality–from how we generate ideas to how we avoid being unduly influenced and losing our originality.
Here’s a quick refresher on how to participate in a Twitter chat:
- Follow the host of the Twitter chat: @AltSummit.
- Let your Twitter followers know you will be participating in a Twitter chat and your Twitter feed may be a little more active than usual. For example, Friendly PSA: My feed will be active for the next hour as I participate in #AltChat We are talking about originality today.
- Avoid clicking through any links that look suspicious.
- Be sure to include the hashtag for your chat #AltChat in your answers. This lets others see what you are saying.
- Use a Twitter Chat application such as TweetChat to pause the conversation if it gets moving too quickly.
Next week we’ll be tackling another hotly contested topic: fear and its role in business.
Unable to join us? Read through the #AltChat hashtag later and share your views here in the comments. To get started thinking about originality, check out these resources from the archives:
- Four bloggers — Rachel of Elephantine, Chelsea of Frolic!, Jena Coray, Cyd of The Sweetest Occasion, define what original content means to them.
- Monica Lee of Smart Creative Style shares 3 tips for gaining confidence with your style.