By: Eden Hensley; Photos by: Brooke Dennis for Alt Summit
Spring is the perfect time to take a step back and look at what you’re doing, evaluate what is and isn’t working, and change if necessary. And this Spring, we’re kicking off a special Maintenance 101 series to help you take your business to the next level and to help you knock your 2015 goals out of the park.
We start off the series with tips from our Alt Community on what you can do this week to make progress on your goals.
Tips on How to Make Progress on Your Goals
- “Create a vision board; a list of [your] “wildest dreams” goals; and plan from there! TELL people that [you] know will ask [you] about what [you] plan to do. Help [yourself] stay accountable.” – Davon H., @TheBubbleista
- “Review [your] goals one more time and START TAKING ACTION. Positive thoughts only.” – Jazmyn Anderson, @GoldLabl
- “Coffee. Update spreadsheets. More coffee. Highlight trends. Even more coffee. Celebrate with a vision board.” – Chris Olson, @PatternBliss
- “Sit [yourself] down and have a serious conversation about where [you] are, where [you] want to be by the end of the year and next year.” – Bethany Everett, @20SomethingPlus
- “Map and plan the rest of the year.” – Sara, @Downey_Robinson
- “Look over [your] year-long list – see what [you] have left that [you] haven’t made progress on, decide what needs to be re-evaluated.” – Jessica Bishop, @SavvyBride
- “Add Goal Review and Evaluation to [your] weekly team meeting agenda.” –Kai Squared Events, @Kai2Events
- “Pitch some more! Wrap up content updates. Reach out to some friends!” –Camille Whiting, @CamilleWhiting
- “Know what you want and work towards it. Otherwise, what are you doing?” – Addie, @OldWorldNewGirl
Get Started with Spring Cleaning
As we count down to Alt Summer 2015 — 83 days to go! — we’ll be publishing a series of special edition Alt Summit Newsletters, focusing on tasks necessary for business success, specifically those tasks that are often overlooked. Be sure you’re signed up for our newsletter as you won’t want to miss the tips!
Check out our past Maintenance 101 posts and get a head start on your Spring Cleaning: