By: Eden Hensley; Photos by Justin Hackworth for Alt Summit
Almost every day I see another seemingly overnight success story. The sound byte repeated: do what you love and success will follow. The truth is success follows hustle, perseverance, and countless iterations. And often, we only learn this by striking out on our own with a strong support network.
The Honest Company, a long time Alt Summit supporter and sponsor, began after founder Jessica Alba came to a realization that a shift in the market needed to be made towards good, honest, and clean baby products. She followed her heart and the company has been growing since.
Because Jessica Alba chose her own path, we’re excited to have Honest co-hosting #AltChat, our weekly Twitter chat, Wednesday morning (tomorrow) March 25th at 9AM PT/12PM ET. For an hour we’ll be chatting about why we do what we do, how we keep up our momentum when we’re not an overnight success, what do we do when we need to make our own path, and more.
Can’t make this week’s conversation? Be sure to join us for a future chat. Topics include getting started, networking, pitching, finding business partners, growing businesses, and more. Have an idea for a conversation you’d like to see happen? Email Eden@AltitudeSummit.com.
If you’re new to Twitter chats, check out this previous post for a few pointers on how to join a Twitter Chat.
Go Deeper: More Resources
Taking a vision and turning it into reality is not easy, but it is possible. Need more inspiration on pursuing and making your dreams come true? Here you go!
- Watch Joy Cho’s Opening Keynote from Alt Summer 2015 to hear her story.
- Identify the difference between a dreamer and a thinker and gain the mindset of an entrepreneur.
- Figure out why you started (or why you’re starting) and capture your passion to share your story with others.
- Read how Emily Meyers found the right business partner for her dream, Tea Collection. Four tips you can apply to your own journey.
- Read how nine members of the Alt Community make progress on their goals.
- Create a community for your readers and fans and encourage one another.