We hope that you are spending a long and relaxing weekend full of outdoor picnics, large gatherings, and most importantly curious relatives who have no idea what you do for a living (or hobby if blogging isn’t a full-time gig yet). Yes, we want you to have fun with your family, but just as importantly we want to remind you that this is the perfect opportunity to practice your elevator pitch.
There is no one more difficult to explain what you do to than your great aunt who has never read a blog. So start with her, listen to her questions, refine your answers, and know that it will only get easier from there.
Remember to include these four elements:
- Your name (this part might feel weird when practicing with family – just power through it and explain later)
- Your blog or business name
- What your focus or main objective is (DIY, lifestyle, design, photography, food, etc.)
- A tag line or unique trait that sets you apart
For more advice on how to practice and perfect your elevator pitch check out these articles:
- Attending Conferences 101: The Art of Saying Hello
- Attending Conferences 101: Perfecting the Elevator Pitch
- Telling Your Story: Create And Practice Your Elevator Pitch