When attendees are asked about their goals for attending for Alt Summit, two of the most common are learning and networking with other creatives. This round up of attendee recaps includes key takeaways from sessions as well as behind-the-scenes details on some of the event’s interactive elements.
The Takeaways or What We Learned
Curious what attendees’ takeaways from the event were?
- Monica of Smart Creative Women reveals her six main takeaways.
- Melyssa of The Nectar Collective recaps what she learned and includes a list of book recommendations compiled from other speakers.
- Nell and Maggie of Hi Little One break down the main points of each session they attended.
- Jenny of Black Ink Interiors shares Part 2 of her recap with highlights from the Community Building panel, a Personal Energy Management session, and more.
- Rachel of The Art Muse talks about her panel on diversity and her trip to Salt Lake City.
The Visions (and DIYs) for The Conference’s Interactive Elements
Throughout the event there are opportunities to network with brands (sponsor lounges during the days) and other creatives (breaks, lunch, and the evening parties). Key to these opportunities are spaces where everyone can put down their devices and interact.
Read about the visions behind a few of the interactive elements of the conference from their creators:
- Laurie tells the story behind the interactive art installation Step Away from the Screen created in the networking lounge.
- Natashia of Canary Jane and Jacquelinne of Strive reveal how their team brought a space to life where attendees could create giant bubbles in troughs adorned with cascading floral garlands. Want to recreate their balloon garland backdrop? Michelle of The Mumsy Blog walks you through each step!
The Business Cards
Want to see more of the business cards attendees created and shared when networking? Dawn of Not Just a Mommy blog rounds up the business cards she collected for you!