Getting away for a business retreat, blog conference, or event can be a great way to refresh your outlook, push forward, and renew excitement. Yet, they can also be exhausting, overwhelming, and intimidating. We have found that the key to a successful getaway is to identify specific goals and keep them in mind throughout.
Here are some suggestions to help you develop your most effective goal list:
- What specific skills need to be improved for efficiency? What classes can you take, questions can you ask, and people can you meet to help improve those skills?
- Who do you want to connect with and why? If that person isn’t available or receptive to a relationship, can you find what you are looking for in someone else? How will these relationships move you forward?
- What are your big goals for 2016 and what aspect of this event facilitates those goals?
- What percent of the event do you want to focus on business, what percent on letting loose and having fun? Do both align with your business goals?
Here are a few more posts that might help you dig a bit deeper!
- Question Patterns
- Define Where You Want to Go
- Prioritizing Tasks and Goals
- Setting Yourself Up for Success
- You Get What You Give
No matter what event, big or small, you are attending, if you have a clear action plan before attending you will gain so much more and leave feeling a new sense of accomplishment.