To close out 2015 we did something a little different for the last two Alt Chat conversations of the year. We turned the focus to you—our Alt Community. In our second to last chat of the year, we asked you to share what you accomplished in 2015. And, boy did you do a lot!
- I have grown my blog over 300% this year! Every Thursday for 6 months in 2015 I cohosted “The Makeup Mix-Up.” I’m proud of the organic growth I’ve seen. I have big plans for 2016. – Jaelan of Making Mrs. M @MakingMrsM Curious how she did this? Head over to Making Mrs. M for all the details!
- I set an income goal for my blog this year and I reached it in NOV! (4X what I was making in April.) Grew a new Instagram account from 0 to 2000 in 4 months totally organically. – Jennifer P Priest, @JenniferPPriest (Alt Alumni; first Alt Summit attended: Alt Summer 2015)
- Launched a blogging community in my city, built a website, wrote a biz plan … only cried a few times. – Maria of Say Hey Girl, @HeyGirlHill
- I made over our playroom in collaboration with The Land of Nod. A big highlight for me. – Julia Fain of Tag and Tibby, @TagAndTibby (Alt Alumni; first Alt Summit attended: Alt Summer 2014) Want a peek at her new playroom? Visit Tag and Tibby for the reveal.
- Completed 1st year as solopreneur, redesigned blog, booked more makeup appointments than goal & built a house! – Ivy Boyd, @WakeupForMakeup
- Monetizing my blog, growing my IG, working with some brands that I’d wanted to, and a collab with other bloggers. – Bethany Everett of 20 Something +, @20SomethingPlus (Alt Alumni; first Alt Summit attended: Alt Summer 2014; Spoke at Alt Summer 2015)
What did you accomplish in 2015? Share your milestones with us in the comments below.