Kick off your Alt Winter 2016 experience on Twitter with #AltChat Wednesday January 20th at 9AM PT/10AM MT/12PM ET/5PM GMT. We’ll be breaking the ice and practicing our asks as we chat about the in’s and out’s of successful collaborations.
Unable to Attend Alt Winter 2016? Here are three ways you can hear the latest news and interact with attendees.
1. Participate in this Wednesday’s Twitter chat, January 20th at 9AM PT/10AM MT/12PM ET/5PM GMT. Kelly will be running it from Mini Party Central where teams will be decorating their rooms and getting ready to receive guests on Friday. You can see the questions she’ll be asking on our Facebook event page. She may even share a sneak peek or two of the hustle and bustle.
2. Follow the event hashtags on your favorite social media platforms and participate from the comfort of your own home! We’ve even set up the searches for you:
- Twitter: #AltWinter2016 and #AltSummit — typically you’ll find sound bytes of main points from keynotes and sessions.
- Instagram: #AltWinter2016 and #AltSummit — here you’ll find inspirational quotes from speaker’s slides; photos of the decor, food, and fashion; and behind the scenes details.
- Google+: #AltWinter2016 and #AltSummit — try here for end of day recaps and best practice write ups.
- Facebook: #AltWinter2016 and #AltSummit — a treasure trove of photos of the event. It’s almost like being there.
3. Network with attendees who are at the event. On Twitter, create a list (these can be private–only you can see–or available to all) and add anyone who tweets with the #AltWinter2016 hashtag to the list. It’s an easy way to keep track of how you found someone’s feed.
Favorite tweets that you want more context and reach out to the person. Remember that they may be a little slow to respond during the conference. If they don’t see your tweet, follow up with them in a few days.
Want to set up Twitter lists ahead of time? Check out these tips I shared this summer on how I follow conferences from a far.