Calling all speakers, artists, performers, crafters, designers, teachers, and film makers! It’s time to submit your ideas for Alt Summit 2020!
CLICK TO SUBMIT YOUR PRESENTATION PITCH
Quick reminder, you’ll need to following information to create your pitch page:
- Your bio (100 word max), and your headshot (500×500 px or larger). Your bio and headshot will be seen by voters, and if your pitch is accepted, the bio and photo will be on the Alt Summit website Speaker Page, and on the Alt Summit App.
- Your presentation title (18 word max). Fun fact: many people choose what they are most interested in based on the title alone. So make this one count! (And shorter is often stronger.) You can find title examples on the previous event schedule.
- A concise pitch description (50 word max). You’ve got 50 words to convince attendees to check out your presentation. What will they get out of it? What are the takeaways? If your pitch is accepted, this description will be listed on the Alt Summit 2020 Schedule.
- Optional: A longer pitch description (300 word max). Here’s your chance to share more about your presentation idea. Add details and explain what you want voters to know. If it’s a film project, share a synopsis. If it’s an art project, list materials you’ll use. You could talk about your qualifications, or personal philosophy — or whatever you like. This optional longer description will only be seen during the Community Voting Period. It will not be shown anywhere else.
- Optional: The names, bios, and headshots of any contributors. You are allowed to submit up to 3 contributors plus yourself. Please use the same size and length requirements for photos and bios listed above.
- Optional: Additional supporting materials. Possible examples include: a video link of prior speaking experience, a video link of your work, a video link of you describing the pitch on a quick phone video, an audio link to a podcast featuring you speaking about the topic, images of your portfolio, images of your work, images that help explain the project or topic.
You have until Sunday, September 15th at 11:59 pm PT to submit. That deadline will come up fast, so don’t delay. Go forth and apply!